The field was located on the campus of the Newport High School. The field was built sometime in the 1930’s and was named after Louis P. Mann, who was superintendent of the school from 1924-1946.
The Newport high school baseball and football teams, nicknamed the “Greyhounds”, both used the field for their home games for many years. Today, the field is still used by the Greyhound football team, but the ballpark no longer exists.
Table of contents: